| We have various boundaries in the survey, represented by equations of 3D planes, intersecting the unit sphere, describing great and small circles, respectively. This table stores the description of a region, the details are in the HalfSpace table. |
- CHUNK - the boundary of a given Chunk
- STRIPE - the boundary of the whole stripe
- STAVE - the unique boundary of the whole stripe, agrees with STRIPE for Southern stripes
- PRIMARY - the primary region of a given CHUNK
- SEGMENT - the idealized boundary of a segment
- CAMCOL - the real boundary of a segment
- PLATE - the boundary of a plate
- TILE - the boundary of a circular tile
- TIGEOM - the boundary of a Tiling Run, also includes inverse regions, which must be excluded
- RUN - the union of the CAMCOLs making up a Run
- WEDGE -- intersection of tiles as booleans.
- TILEBOX -- intersection of TIGEOM respecting masks (these are positive convex TIGEOM)
- SKYBOX -- intersection and union of TILEBOX to cover the sky with positive disjoin convex regions.
- SECTORLETS -- intersection of Skyboxes with wedges. These are the areas that have targets.
- SECTORS -- collects together all the sectorlets with the same covering (and excluded) tiles.
See also the RegionConvex and Halfspace tables